Careers at the Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches
The Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches welcomes you to explore job opportunities with us.
Intake Specialist and Community Educator
Lighthouse for the Blind is seeking an Intake Specialist and Community Educator with strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and organizational skills who is highly motivated, and enthusiastic. Often the first point of contact, this is a critical position for service-related needs and information.
Duties include but are not limited to:
-Provide information about Lighthouse programs/services and/or referrals to community resources for all inquiries. Initiate outbound and receive inbound communications including intake of prospective clients.
-Provide ongoing client relationship management by monitoring client communications and completing tasks associated with moving the client’s case forward.
-Contact and schedule prospective participants for an initial interviews, explain Lighthouse services, assess needs, complete application, and provide resource information while using a person-centered approach. -After the initial intake, develop a plan of service, document the case progress and process case closures.
-Market Lighthouse programs by conducting brief community presentations and participating in health fairs throughout the five counties we serve. Plan, organize, and carry out social and recreational group activities for monthly Focus Group participants including scheduling guest speakers and maintain proper documentation for reporting purposes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Bachelor's degree in Social Work/Human Services required or equivalent years’ work experience.
2. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
3. Ability to handle responsibility and work independently and in a team environment.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in oral and written communications.
5. Demonstrates a high level of professionalism with confidential and sensitive information
6. Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain compassion and rapport with clients, other staff and outside agency representatives.
7. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy or reliable transportation for travel as there is frequent travel to participant’s home, referral agencies, meetings, conferences, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
401k Matching Program
Paid Time Off accruing day one and available on the 91st day
8 Hour Shift
Monday to Friday. May work remote at times.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO RMULERO@LHPB.ORG